Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thankful for the Lord's Blessing

Well it's been a good day in the life of this preacher. Preaching in 3 services today, preaching the Gospel message of salvation with lost people present, seeing the Lord speak to the hearts of people, experiencing the wonderful fellowship and encouragement of God's people, seeing new visitors, dedicating two precious babies to God, having two people join our church today and another person make a rededication decision, getting to engage some young adults in a Bible Study class with some hard questions in a Biblical text, having the presence of God's Holy Spirit inhabit the praises of His people; I can say with the Psalmist David in Psalm 122:1 "I was glad when they said to me, 'Let us go into the house of the Lord!"
As I drove home this afternoon I thanked the Lord for allowing me to pastor and shepherd a church again as a senior pastor. All the stuff I do throughout the week in preparation for Sunday is worth the labor and effort when the preaching moment appears. Being a vessel that God uses to proclaim His truth is an amazing experience and humbling that the God of the universe would use me at all. Particularly in our morning services, I have the same text of Scripture, the same set of notes to keep me on target but the message in the 8:30 service was different that what God said through me in the 11:00 a.m. service. Two different audiences, two different needs and so the Lord graciously answered my prayer for today's ministry.
As I go to bed tonight, exhuasted and tired, having given the Lord my best today and leaving all I had on the playing field, it is a great feeling knowing I did my best to glorify God today in what He's called me to do.
So what about you? Did you give God your best today in worship? Did you leave it all on the playing field in ministry to glorify the Lord Jesus? If not, why not? Did you even recognize Sunday as "The Lord's Day"? Okay what will you do tomorrow? 1st Corinthians 10:31 commands us "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Will you choose to be the best you can be at what ever it is that you do? God is pleased and desires your very best. Think about it and then choose to do your best to glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment